Translate

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Saturday Adventures

Saturday proved to be another exciting day in Norway! We started out with our new tradition of getting a pastry from the local bakery! I got one covered with coconut and custard this time! Delicious!! 

Stephan told us about a flea market taking place in the town center just a couple blocks from our cabin. We decided to check it out. I thought it was going to be more of a craft fair. No...it was more of a rummage sale which turned out to be awesome. There were so many people and so many things! I found a pair of wool socks, a sweater, a belt (that I really needed), a Norwegian flag (most prod of that find), a set of local beer glasses, and a Rosendal sailor thermometer thing. Very successful day and I spent only $18!


Later while we were grocery shopping I cam across this. It's sheep head. It is a traditional Norwegian food....supposedly no one eats it anymore. However, I found these at the store. This is one food I'm probably going to stay away from while I'm here. 


I apologize for any disgusting feelings you may have experienced while viewing this blog post! But you wanted to be a part of my experience, just remember that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment