Translate

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Fun Times at School

To encourage my third grade students to answer questions in English we played a little game. For every question they answered in English (right or wrong) they received one minute of recess time with me! I'm not sure if this game is what motivated them to speak English but I ended up spending an entire half an hour at recess this last week!

I played many games with the third graders including hide and seek where I literally put a bucket on my head and sat next to some fifth graders and the girl didn't find me! The kids loved it! But the funniest thing was when I slipped playing "Chicken" a game similar to Freeze Tag. I was running in my rain boots, stepped in a pile of mud, and slid to the ground.

The students were so concerned and were checking to make sure I was okay. I thanked them and told them I was fine. I started laughing, the kids started laughing, and then realized my pants were covered in mud. When we got inside one of the boys drew this picture of me....


He's a funny kid! He's always making me laugh!

This week Jennifer and I were asked to decorate the teachers' lounge for Halloween. We took on the challenge and practiced our craft and fine motor skills! Here are some pictures of our decorated room.


Jennifer did a sweet job making the pumpkins and Happy Halloween sign. Her jack-'o-lanterns are pretty adorable!


I made the monster at the entryway! He wasn't supposed to have crazy eyes....but I messed up so he had crazy eyes!


Ahhh!!! A monster!!!

I don't have any pictures of the rest of the room but will steal one from Jennifer's blog!.....

IMG_1778

Tusen takk, Jennifer!

Well that's all for last week! I will send more your way later regarding my awesome day today! I went to a church service (all in Norwegian) as well as sailing on the third largest fjord in the world! But it's late here...and I need to shower....and go to school in the morning. So, it's time for me to end my blogging! 

As always, tusen takk! And don't forget to subscribe, follow, or bookmark! It just makes all of our lives a little bit easier! 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment